Job Description and Project
With the ongoing successful co-development collaboration with Avalanche Studios on theHunter Classic (the most realistic hunting game for PC), Ringtail Studios is taking on the next co-development project with Systemic Reaction (a part of Avalanche Studios Group) for Generation Zero, a first-person shooter, released for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, where players resist a robot invasion in 1980s Sweden. Our team previously worked on Generation Zero by developing 3D content, and this time, we are assembling a high-profile team in a pursuit of extending our co-development department which will lead to more exciting opportunities in the future.
Ringtail Studios / Avalanche Studios Group is currently hiring an AI Programmer to join Generation Zero team. As an AI Programmer on this project you will work side by side with Designers, Animators and Producers to help design and implement new machine behaviour along with new systems including opposition player behaviour to build a new mode from the ground up, whilst taking inspiration from existing systems. This role will require you to take high level design ideas and translate them into practical solutions. You will join the Avalanche engineers in developing and maintaining our proprietary Apex Engine.
• Tallinn, Estonia (relocation support package will be offered)
• ASAP, preferably January 2021.
• A good understanding of what makes games fun
• A passion for creating solid game AI
• Experience with different AI architectures and techniques e.g behavior trees and pathfinding
• Able to write readable, robust and performant code in C++
• A good understanding of all aspects of game programming in multiplayer games
• Prior experience working as a programmer on at least one shipped title on current-gen consoles from start to finish
• Good English (verbal and written)
• Experience of navmesh generation
• Experience working with pathfinding, navigation and steering
• Experience working with vehicle AI and control
• Familiarity with HavokAI
• Experience working with game physics
• Experience from working with animation state machines, animation blending, IK and similar techniques
• Experience of profiling and optimization
To thrive in a programming position at this project, you need to be willing and have the ability to learn new tools and workflows. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way.
You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You are ambitious and are interested in pushing the boundaries of our user experience but can also skillfully balance this with the realities and constraints of the situation at hand.