Job Description and Project
With the ongoing successful co-development collaboration with Avalanche Studios on theHunter Classic (the most realistic hunting game for PC), Ringtail Studios is taking on the next co-development project with Systemic Reaction (a part of Avalanche Studios Group) for Generation Zero, a first-person shooter, released for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, where players resist a robot invasion in 1980s Sweden. Our team previously worked on Generation Zero by developing 3D content, and this time, we are assembling a high-profile team in a pursuit of extending our co-development department which will lead to more exciting opportunities in the future.
We are searching for artists who can push the boundaries of UI art and animation, consider issues from numerous angles (Art/Design/Tech) and take efficient actions to achieve their vision. You will work closely with the UI/UX Design and Art teams to build assets and animations that are compelling, useful and visually stunning.
• Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator fluency
• Experience in creating dynamic, animating UIs
• Strong knowledge of, and experience with, graphic design and typography
• Experience working with game UIs
• Good portfolio: high quality execution and creative sensibility
• Good communication skills: need to both understand and accurately express tricky concepts with designers.
• Experience with using tools like Adobe Animate to generate UI animation
• Games industry experience, having worked on published games
• Experience in frontend / web development
• Working with UI/UX design to translate their requirements into appealing visual designs.
• Working with art direction to present that feedback in a visually compelling way that compliments the game design, direction and tone.
• Working with UI/UX designers to implement your vision of a dynamic, animated, living UI.
Company perks and benefits
• Being a part of a growing company and team
• Friendly and fun colleagues
• Work in creative and fun industry
• Salary depending on experience and performance
• Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need to work your magic
• Competitive health and sports benefits
• Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to be the part of the team building highly acclaimed games used by millions of people across the world
• Cozy office space
To thrive in a developer position at Ringtail Studios / Systemic Reaction / Generation Zero team, you need to be willing and have the ability to learn new tools and workflows. You have a positive attitude and contribute to a healthy team dynamic by seeing opportunities and highlighting limitations in a constructive way.
You can communicate to clearly establish common goals and align expectations. You are ambitious and are interested in pushing the boundaries of our user experience but can also skillfully balance this with the realities and constraints of the situation at hand.
About Ringtail Studios:
Ringtail Studios is an EU-based studio specialized in providing 3D content production and co-development services for all types of platforms and real-time engines in the gaming and interactive entertainment industries.
Our studio production offices are based within Europe – Tallinn, Estonia and Chisinau, Moldova. Our team is comprised of over 80 full-time artists and producers. Ringtail’s long-term collaboration with a variety of top game development companies on various AAA projects serves as a testament to the consistency of the premium quality of our work and excellence of the production pipeline.
Throughout the 15-year tenure in the game industry, Ringtail Studios has worked on 100+ projects, including two Call of Duty titles by Activision, Rage 2 and Generation Zero by Avalanche Studios, Crusader Kings III and Stellaris by Paradox Interactive, Destroy All Humans by Black Forest Games/ THQ Nordic. Being one of the major 3D art production studios in the Baltic region, we have been extending our line of services and growing our team to support the local game dev community and sustain our long-term relationships with different studios across Europe and North America.
About Avalanche Studios:
Avalanche Studios Group is a leading interactive entertainment company, offering a rich portfolio of games from its divisions Avalanche Studios, Expansive Worlds, and Systemic Reaction, including the Just Cause franchise, Rage 2, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero. Avalanche Studios Group is committed to being a truly inclusive and sustainable workplace that creates innovative games through the power of our people’s creativity. All of Avalanche Studios Group games are developed using the proprietary Apex engine, enabling vast open worlds with endless creative possibilities. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com.
Avalanche Studios Group has 4 production offices – Stockholm and Malmo (Sweden), New York (USA) and Liverpool (UK). Avalanche team is comprised of over 400 full-time games professionals